Wednesday, September 3, 2008

In the Sequoias!

So I celebrated Labor Day weekend in Kings Canyon Nat'l Park. Of course, it was crowded and we weren't at all prepared for freezing nights,but it was so worth it. One of those rejuvenating trips.

Saw this tree trunk that resembled a dragon head (to me).
My lovely car against the mountain backdrop.
On the road towards Cedar Grove on Hwy 180.
Within the hike towards Zumwalt Meadow.



One of my 1st pics once we got there.



Kings River


Panoramic Point

It's one of those places you have to go back to. Kings Canyon itself was huge, so we didn't even get to explore Sequoia that much (just a meadow in Princess Campground), and there's so much I want to see there, too. But awesome all the same. Hope some of my slide film night shots turn out;I'll get to see next week.

No comments: